Friday, February 10, 2017

Bruce Schwartz

I have to admit, I've never really been into this style of puppetry. It just never quite clicked with me. Today I discovered Bruce Schwartz and it hit me hard! In this piece, he did on the Muppet Show (accompanied by Cleo Laine), a man, or... seemingly gender neutral person, is lamenting their recently departed lover. It's just heartbreaking and by far the most sophisticated thing I've ever seen on this program.

Sometimes I get very frustrated with what's going on with puppetry these days. But when I see videos like this, it reminds me of my earliest experiences with the art form and how enchanted I was, and why I'm still chasing that thing today.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breath taking; I had no idea they did stuff like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete